How to Apply (Domestic Students)
Students wishing to apply for a place at VIT (Victorian Institute of Technology), can do the following:
1. Read VIT’S policies and procedures in our Domestic Student Handbook.
2. Check the course page for admissions criteria.
3. Complete the online application form application form.
4. Upload the following documentation with your application.
- Certified copy of your certificates of completion and academic transcripts
- Certified copy of identification e.g. Drivers Licence, Passport or Australian Citizen Certificate
- Signed employer reference letter that includes duties and dates of employment.
Make sure you already have your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
A USI number is a government requirement for persons enrolling into a qualification. A USI can be obtained free of charge at: https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
Note: Your USI from 2021 will be your reference number for FEE-HELP.
Offer letters (Two types: conditional & unconditional)
If we receive all of the supporting document’s, VIT will issue an unconditional offer. If any documents are missing, we will offer a conditional offer highlighting what documents are missing from your application.
5. Credits and Recognition of Prior Learning
Students may be eligible to have their past studies and/or work experience count as a credit towards their VIT qualification. This means that students applying for credit could be exempt from some of the units listed in the relevant course and be able to complete their qualification in a shorter time frame.
If applying for credit transfers or recognition of prior learning, click on the relevant form
- MITS RPL/Credit Transfer Application Form
- BITS RPL/Credit Transfer Application Form
- MBA – RPL/Credit Transfer Application Form
6. VIT scholarship application form.
VIT equity scholarships aim to provide quality education for people who are disadvantaged. Our academic scholarship rewards those students with exceptional academic achievement.
To find out more:
Please submit this form with your application.
Current Year 12 and VTAC applicants (Victoria only)
If you are a current Victorian Year 12 student looking to commence your studies in a February or March intake, you will need to lodge an application with VTAC. The VTAC application system allows you to list your selected VIT course as a preference. VTAC offers are issued December – February.
VTAC Website: www.vtac.edu.au
There are three options available
1. Upfront payment
2. Payment plan
Is arranged once your enrolment application has been accepted.
If you require a payment plan, please email [email protected] including your full name and student ID. You will receive your student ID once your application has been accepted.
FEE-HELP is a loan from the Commonwealth Government and is available for eligible students to assist in financing their studies. For more information about these loans including eligibility criteria please click:
Applying for a FEE-HELP loan
To apply for a FEE-HELP loan, you will need:
- Tax file number (TFN) or a Certificate of application for a TFN. Apply for TFN
- A USI prior to the first census date. (Your USI from 2021 will be your reference number for FEE-HELP).
Once you have received the unconditional offer letter from VIT and you meet the FEE-HELP loan eligibility, then VIT will provide you with the FEE-HELP application form.